top of page


When is my rent due?
Your rent payment for the month is due on the 1st of the month. If for any reason your rent payment will not be on time, please call us immediately. If the rent payment has not been received by the 5th of each month, our office charges a late fee penalty in accordance to your lease.

Why do I have to pay an application fee?
In an effort to provide the best possible environment for all of our tenants, we run a complete background check as part of the application process. The $45 fee per adult covers the time and expenses completing a thorough background check.

Where do I send my rent check?
The best way to pay rent is to utilize our Easy Pay ACH.  See the ACH enrollment form in Tenant Documents.  If you prefer to mail your rent check, please send it to our main office:

Allegiant Property Management
9701 Apollo Drive #101
Upper Marlboro, MD  20774

• Please retain a copy of any money order (We recommend you send with signature required to avoid losing this in the mail. Rent lost in the mail will not void late fees).
• Checks made payable to: Allegiant Property Management
• Sorry, but cash is never accepted

You can also hand deliver your rent check to our main office.  After hours, deposit your rent check in an the after hours drop box located at the delivery entrance on the east side of our building (right next to the dumpsters).  The drop box is white and affixed to the building with a sign reading “Rent Drop – No Cash Accepted”.

How much notice must be given before I move out?
If your lease term is ending, you are required to give 30 Days Written Notice to vacate. You cannot vacate until your lease term ends.

What needs to be done when I move out?

The rental unit must be returned in the same or better condition than it was when you first moved in. It is important to thoroughly clean the entire unit to avoid losing any of your security deposit.  Carpets must be professionally cleaned by a truck mounted cleaner and touch up paint done where needed.
Please contact us for referrals to quality carpet cleaners that will provide you the service at our corporate rate.  Costs to remove smoking or pet odors from the property can be deducted from the security deposit.​

Will I get the full amount of my security deposit back?
Your full security deposit will be returned to you, minus the amount of any unpaid items, damage payments or cleaning costs.

When will I receive my security deposit back?

You will receive the security deposit back within 45 days after the date that your lease has ended and you have fully evacuated the property.

How can I extend my lease?
To discuss options to extend your lease, please contact our management office at 240-450-2995, email or send us a message via the Tenant Portal.

What do I do if my A/C or Heat goes out?

Log on to your online Tenant Portal and submit a maintenance request.  Contact the office if you have any questions about the maintenance request process via email at or via phone at 240-450-2995.

Who do I call for an emergency?
In the case of a life threatening emergency, please contact 9–1–1. If you smell gas, you contact your gas company immediately. If you have an active water leak, no A/C or Heat, or no hot water, then your situation is classified as a "work order emergency".  You should contact our office at 240-450-2995. If you do not reach a live person because it is after hours, please leave a voice message and someone will return your call first thing in the morning.

What utilities do I need to pay?
Please refer to your rental agreement to find out utilities for which you are responsible. All utilities for which you are responsible, must be switched into your name on or before your move-in date.  Specific utility information is included in your New Tenant Welcome Packet.

Can I paint one or more of the rooms at my house?
Any modifications to your unit must first be cleared by our management team in writing.  Additionally, any modifications must be returned to their original state upon vacating the property to avoid repair charges against your rental deposit.


Can I have a copy of my lease?
A copy of your lease is stored on the online Tenant Portal.  Call the office if you need assistance accessing the Tenant Portal.


What am I responsible for maintaining in my rental home?
You are responsible for replacing furnace filters once per month and ensuring that your smoke detector and CO2 detector batteries are replaced twice a year. Light bulbs should be changed as needed. In most situations, if you have a yard it is your responsibility to maintain it. Carpets must be professionally cleaned at least once a year. Please refer to your individual residential lease for more information. Please contact us for referrals to quality carpet cleaners that will provide you the service at our corporate rate. 


Do I need renters insurance?
It is required that all residents carry enough renters insurance to cover themselves and their personal property.  Please consult with your insurance agent for specific details.


How long should I expect to wait to hear back from someone regarding a maintenance problem?
In a non-emergency situation, please allow two days. If you have not heard from our office in that time, please contact us at or via the online Tenant Portal.

bottom of page